Re: Is Lastminute.com a legitimate website? Yes, they are bonafide, have been around for quite a few years now in the UK, tho now worldwide. They are owned by the travel group (Sabre) who own Travelocity.com. Tickets purchased through them are legitimate.
Plane tickets usually don't get cheaper closer to the departure date. Flights tend to be the most inexpensive when you book between four months and three weeks before your departure date. According to the CheapAir.com 2019 Annual Airfare Study, you can expect rates to go up after that period.
In general, same-day flights are cheaper than booking in advance, but it isn't always the case. You will be prepared for the day you need to travel, flights are cheaper because most people aren't thinking about their travel plans yet, and perhaps most importantly, you can put it out of your mind.
How to book last minute cheap flights?
- Flexibility is the key to getting cheap last minute flights.
- Be flexible with your departure and return dates.
- Look out for flash sales.
- Be open to travel in the middle of the week.
- Use flight comparison sites.
- Set up price alerts.
- Be willing to travel really late or really early.
According to the CheapAir study, the cheapest days to fly are Tuesday and Wednesday, when you'll save an average of $73 per ticket. Sunday is the most expensive. The Expedia/ARC study found that the cheapest day to travel domestically depends on the airport, but internationally, Thursday and Friday are best.Aug 1, 2019
10 Cheapest Flights from Minneapolis
- Fly from Minneapolis to Fort Lauderdale for as low as $206 round trip.
- Fly from Minneapolis to Baltimore for as low as $210 round trip.
- Fly from Minneapolis to Las Vegas for as low as $211 round trip.
- Fly from Minneapolis to Orlando for as low as $221 round trip.