1. Negril. Arguably one of Jamaica’s most beautiful (and laid-back) beach destinations, Negril is popular among honeymooning couples.Dec 13, 2016
Private Sector Laboratory Testing for SARS-CoV-2 in Jamaica
|LABORATORY||LOCATION||TYPE OF COVID-19 TEST|
|Winchester Surgical & Medical Institute||Kingston||YES|
|Bay West Hospital||Montego Bay||YES|
|Hospiten Montego Bay||Montego Bay||YES|
Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to Jamaica. Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to Jamaica. Because of the current situation in Jamaica, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.
Plan your next vacation carefully if you're heading to Jamaica
- 1 Point Lucea Has A Lot To Offer.
- 2 Port Antonio Is Probably Okay.
- 3 Runaway Bay Can Help Make Good Memories.
- 4 Portland Is A Safer Pick.
- 5 Treasure Beach Is A True Treasure.
- 6 Falmouth Is A Cruise (And Crime) Stop.
- 7 Staying In Negril Isn't Ideal.
Doctor's Cave Beach Doctor's Cave beach is Jamaica's oldest established beach, and one of its prettiest. With none of the frills of the other beaches mentioned before, Doctors Cave is the beach for the purist. Beautiful, with the clearest, bluest water imaginable, this is the beach to go to for a pure beach experience.Sep 7, 2017
Family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,324$ (351,075J$) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 645$ (97,397J$) without rent. Cost of Living in Jamaica.
|Coke/Pepsi (12 oz small bottle)||135.62J$|
|Water (12 oz small bottle)||107.58J$|
- Avoid exploring the island by cab.
- Don't take rides with strangers in the city.
- Don't eat non-local seafood.
- Don't lose sight of your belongings.
- Don't underestimate the roadside jerk shacks.
- Avoid wandering away from your group.
- Don't backpack alone through Jamaica.
- Avoid walking around Kingston at night.
Jamaica is safe to visit as long as you use your common sense. Tourist numbers are constantly increasing and the government is actively helping to gain a better reputation. The biggest safety issues that Jamaica is facing are gang related crimes. However, they usually don't target tourists.Jul 1, 2021
Getting around Jamaica is expensive. Tourists looking to explore much of the island will likely be better off renting a car. For those who choose to drive, be aware of potholes and aggressive drivers, plus note that cars drive on the left side of the road.Sep 9, 2019
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to Jamaica, as well as proof of anticipated departure from Jamaica. You do not need a visa for tourist travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
Flying Time To Jamaica
|New Orleans||3 hrs.||1194|
|New York||3 hrs. 45 mins.||1551|
|Toronto||3 hrs. 50 mins.||1740|
|Washington D.C.||3 hrs. 10 mins.||1738|