1. California You can’t beat the south and central California coast for pleasant temperatures year round. Long Beach, Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Santa Maria all have average daily highs no lower than the mid-60s for any month of the year. Nor does it get really hot.
San Diego Which state is not too hot or too cold? San Diego is known for neither being too cold nor too hot to live in. It maintains an idyllic climate throughout the year with an average winter temperature of 57°F and an average summer temperature of 72°F.
Top 10 Destinations for Three-Day Weekend Getaways
- Vancouver, Canada. Worth Waiting in Line For: Nanaimo Bars at the Granville Island Public Market.
- New York City, NY.
- Santa Barbara, CA.
- Asheville, NC.
- Portland, OR.
- Nashville, TN.
- Austin, TX.
- San Francisco, CA.
- Asheville, North Carolina. For a low-key romantic weekend away, the art-centric mountain town of Asheville won't do you wrong.
- Seattle, Washington.
- Miami Beach, Florida.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Austin, Texas.
- Chicago, Illinois.
- New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Savannah, Georgia.
Top 10 winter sun holiday destinations
- The Canary Islands. With frequent flights from all over the UK, taking around four hours, Spain's Canary Islands of Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and La Palma are a big draw year round.
- The Middle East.
- South Africa.
- The Maldives.
- The Caribbean.
Here are the top five options:
- Málaga. The bright walls and buildings of Málaga's iconic surrounding white villages – Mijas, Ronda, and Frigiliana among them – add to the feeling that you're in the warmest place in Spain in winter.
- Canary Islands.
- Murcia & Cartagena.
9 Cheap & Warm Places To Spend The Winter Holidays
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- Roatan, Honduras. Roatan, Honduras.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico. San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Thailand. Thailand.
- Bali, Indonesia. Credit: Bigstock.com.
- Cartagena, Colombia. Cartagena, Colombia.
- Canary Islands, Spain.
1. California You can't beat the south and central California coast for pleasant temperatures year round. Long Beach, Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Santa Maria all have average daily highs no lower than the mid-60s for any month of the year. Nor does it get really hot.
Read on for 7 incredible cheap places to find winter sun.
- Tenerife. If you're looking for winter sun destinations, look no further than Tenerife, which offers temperatures between 15-28°C from September onwards.
- Gran Canaria.
- Cape Verde.
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Just a 2.5-hour flight from Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas rocks an easy commute and exotic appeal during America's winter months.
- Key West, Florida.
- Havana, Cuba.
- Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain.
- Kauai, Hawaii.
- Palm Springs, California.
- Negril, Jamaica.