1. Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport: Guangzhou, China. Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN) was the busiest airport in the world in 2020, with over 40 million passengers, down from over 73 million passengers in 2019.Jun 25, 2021
Today, Midway is one of the busiest airports in the nation, the second-busiest airport in the Chicago metropolitan area and the state of Illinois, and serving 20,844,860 passengers in 2019. Midway is a base for Southwest Airlines, which carries over 95% of the passengers at the airport.
Chicago is home to two international airports conveniently located in the center of the country, with thousands of daily inbound and outbound flights to more than 240 destinations. Multi-award-winning, environmentally conscious O'Hare (ORD) is one of the largest airports in the world.
Similar to Dallas and Houston, Chicago has a major international airport (O'Hare), which covers most air traffic in and out of the city, and a smaller airport (Midway), which is mainly a Southwest dominated airport with a few other flights on other airlines.Apr 29, 2019
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta is not only the busiest airport in the USA, but the busiest in the whole world with over 110 million passengers in the year 2019. That's a pretty extraordinary figure which works out at over 300,000 people flying in or out of Atlanta every day.Apr 26, 2021
Downtown Chicago stretches north and south, roughly split in half by the Chicago River. O'Hare is located northwest of the city, Midway to the southwest. Distance To Downtown & Transportation Options.
|Getting downtown||O'Hare (ORD)||Midway (MDW)|
|Time (by car)||35-60 minutes||25-40 minutes|
|Average Uber cost||$35||$25|
The 10 Cheapest Flights from Chicago
- Fly from Chicago to Kansas City, Missouri, for $94 round trip.
- Fly from Chicago to Minneapolis, Minnesota, for $94 round trip.
- Fly from Chicago to Cleveland, Ohio, for $102 round trip.
- Fly from Chicago to Washington DC (IAD), for $114 round trip.